Wheelchair accessible car hire from Hackney CarClub, part of the HCT Group
At HCT, we recognise that a minibus is not always the most suitable vehicle for transporting wheelchair passengers and we are delighted to launch our first transporter in partnership with Hackney Council.
Our wheelchair accessible vehicle is designed to accommodate one passenger in a wheelchair and up to three other passengers not including the driver.
Flexible hire options
Vehicle hire from half a day or for complete weeks. Discuss your requirements with us, and we'll aim to help you
In order to drive our transporter - you will need training by our quality and training co-ordinator here at HCT. For insurance purposes, drivers must have held their license. Drivers will need to provide their driving license as well as identification before being able to hire a vehicle.
Drivers will be shown how to use the passenger ramp, wheelchairs fixings and seatbelts for wheel chair users to help ensure the safe and comfortable carriage of passengers.
Vehicles all carry a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher.
The vehicle is covered by comprehensive breakdown cover, including the facility to return passengers (including wheelchair users).
Who can hire
The service has been designed and offered to individuals who need to be transported / use a wheelchairs, but it is not obligatory to use the vehicle for wheelchair users only. Hirers need to be a member of Hackney CarClub.
The benefits of CarClub...
- Training is FREE for the first 25 members
- Membership is £10, one off life-time
- Our vehicle isspecially converted to be able to carry wheelchair users in comfort
- Flexible hire arrangements and periods
- Need a car for a few hours? Need a car for a few weeks – we can help
- Relevant wheelchair clamps provided
- Return the vehicle back to the same bay - no need to worry about finding a parking space
- Flexible alternative to taxis or minibus hire
To find out more, or join, please contact 0207275 2400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org